Demand Flexibility Service (DFS)
Earn income by flexing your peak energy use
If your organisation has the capability to decrease energy usage or increase on-site generation at peak times, you could help balance the grid this winter and earn income too.
The ESO Demand Flexibility Service (DFS) incentivises customers to change energy consumption patterns when demand is at its highest. As an authorised DFS agent, Conrad Energy can help you realise income when you reduce energy use at peak times or use more energy from your own on-site assets. You’ll be helping to balance the grid and it’s good for the environment too, as reducing peak demand prevents the need to turn on other flexible generation assets..
So, if your organisation has the potential to flex your usage over the winter months, Conrad Energy can help you get paid £3,000/MWh through this service. You don’t even need to be a supply customer of Conrad Energy to take part – DFS operates completely independently of who you buy your electricity through.
Is your business eligible?
To be eligible, your business will need:
- Half hourly metering
- Ability to respond when requested for a period of 30 minutes+ from 1 November – 28 February
- A key contact on hand to manage the process and respond to requests the day before the delivery
- An environmental permit which is in order
Benefits to your business
- Earn income to offset your energy bills by working with Conrad Energy, an authorised DFS agent
- Hassle-free – Conrad Energy will consult with you, set up and manage the process
- Earn c. £3,000 per MWh for test events. Conrad Energy will work with you on the best bidding strategy for live events (which may result in higher or lower revenues)
I’m interested in finding out more
Submit your details and one of our specialists will contact you.
Download our DFS brochure
Complete your details below to receive our DFS brochure.
- You aren’t eligible for DFS if your site is already participating in DFS, the Capacity Mechanism or any other ESO ancillary services product via another flexibility provider.
- If you subsequently sign up to another Registered DFS Participant, you will no longer be eligible to participate in DFS with Conrad Energy.
- ESO will pay a guaranteed rate for test events. And for real events Conrad Energy will work with you on the best bidding strategy (which may result in higher or lower revenues).
- If you participate in DFS with Conrad Energy, your data may be shared with the ESO.